- Can we simply recover the deleted item from the Deleted Items folder (the Outlook "Recycle Bin")?
- Can we recover the deleted item from the "Recover Deleted Items" folder (the Outlook "Dumpster")? Remember to highlight the folder from which the item was deleted when using this option.
- In the case of a disabled or removed mailbox (there is a slight but important difference), can we locate the mailbox in the "Disconnected Mailboxes" section of the Exchange Mailbox Console (EMC) and reconnect the mailbox to the associated Active Directory user account (or another user account)? Note that if we "removed" the mailbox, we will have deleted the associated Active Directory user account as well and would have to restore this object also.
- Restore the Exchange database and logfiles to a specific location.
- Create (and then mount) the recovery database using these files.
- Perform the restore operations.
We then select the backup we want to restore by date (and time):
Since Exchange is an application, we select the "Applications" option: